Tuesday, 23 December 2025

When Love Starts to Feel Like Distance


When I met my wife, she wasn’t working. We had nothing but hope, love, and the belief that together we could push through life. And we did. We struggled, we sacrificed, and along the way we were blessed with two beautiful girls who became the center of my world.

But somewhere between surviving and building a life, we lost each other.

I don’t know where we went wrong. I ask myself that question every day. The woman I once came home to now feels like a stranger in the same house. She no longer cooks for us. Our laundry piles up. She’s hardly home, and when she is, her mind seems far away. What hurts even more is that she doesn’t want our children to visit my parents,the same people who once supported us when we had nothing.

I’m not angry. I’m confused. I’m hurt.

I never expected perfection. I only wanted partnership. I wanted us to grow together, not apart. I wanted our children to see unity, warmth, and family,not silence, distance, and unanswered questions.

Sometimes love doesn’t end with a fight or betrayal. Sometimes it fades quietly, hidden behind busy schedules, unmet expectations, and unspoken pain. And the hardest part is not knowing when or how it started.

All I know is that I miss my wife. I miss the life we dreamed of. And I’m left wondering whether this is just a phase we can still fix or the moment I must accept that we’ve already drifted too far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...