I still struggle to write these words because they don’t feel real.
My daughter is gone.And the man I loved ,the man I trusted was the reason.
He didn’t wake up that day intending to kill her. He was reprimanding her. Correcting her. Trying, he said, to discipline her. But what was meant to be a moment of authority became a lifetime of pain, a mistake so heavy it crushed my world.
In one moment, my laughter turned into screams.
In one moment, my home became a crime scene.
In one moment, my heart broke in a way it will never fully heal.
People keep saying “it was an accident.”
But how do you explain an accident to a mother whose child will never come home again?
How do you accept that a raised voice, a harsh action, a moment of anger took away the future you were still dreaming of?
I look at her empty bed and wonder how discipline crossed the line into violence. I replay every memory, every warning sign I might have missed. I carry guilt that does not belong to me, and grief that no words can hold.
What hurts the most is the betrayal. I trusted him with my child. I trusted him to protect her, not harm her. Love did not prepare me for this kind of loss.
Now I live with questions that will never be answered.
I live with silence where her voice used to be.
I live with a pain that wakes me up and follows me to sleep.
This is not just a story of a mistake.
It is a reminder that anger has consequences, that children are fragile, and that one moment can destroy many lives.
My daughter mattered.
Her life mattered.
And my heart will forever carry her name.
No comments:
Post a Comment