When we got together, I was 18 years old and he was 42. People judged us before they even knew our story. They counted the years between us instead of looking at the love that brought us together.
I was young, still learning who I was, and he had already lived a full life. He taught me patience, stability, and what it means to feel safe with someone. I brought him laughter, hope, and a reminder that love doesn’t grow old it grows deeper.
It wasn’t always easy. The world had opinions. Some days those opinions were louder than our happiness. But through it all, we chose each other. We grew, we stumbled, we learned. Love wasn’t perfect, but it was real.
Years have passed, and people expected my feelings to change. They expected the love to fade. But it didn’t. I still love him the same maybe even more because love isn’t measured by age, it’s measured by commitment, respect, and the way two hearts continue to choose each other every day.
Our story may not fit society’s comfort zone, but it fits my heart. And that has always been enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment