When we got married, we were happy. Truly happy. Our wedding day felt perfect, full of laughter, promises, and hope for the future. I believed love alone was enough to carry us through anything.
But everything changed when I saw our wedding photos.
I didn’t see the joy. I didn’t see the love in my eyes. All I saw was how fat I thought I was. I hated myself instantly. I replayed that image in my mind over and over, feeling ashamed, embarrassed, and angry at my own reflection. What was supposed to be a beautiful memory became a source of pain.
So I decided to change.I joined the gym. I pushed my body past exhaustion. I watched what I ate. Slowly, the weight came off. With every kilogram I lost, my confidence grew. I felt lighter, stronger, more alive. People complimented me. I started loving myself again.
Years passed.But while I was changing, my husband was not. He gained more weight, little by little. At first, I ignored it. Then I noticed it. And eventually, I couldn’t deny the truth anymore , I wasn’t in love with him the way I used to be.
This truth hurts to admit. It makes me feel shallow, guilty, and cruel. After all, he loved me when I was heavier. He stood by me when I hated myself. Now the roles are reversed, and I am the one pulling away.
What scares me most is not the weight itself, but what it represents. We grew in different directions. I fought to rediscover myself, my confidence, my discipline. Somewhere along the way, we stopped growing together.
I still care for him. I respect him. But love that's deep, connection feels distant now.
Sometimes love doesn’t end with a fight or betrayal. Sometimes it fades quietly, in gym mirrors, in old photographs, in the realization that two people changed… just not in the same way.
And that truth is harder to face than any number on a scale.
No comments:
Post a Comment