Wednesday, 17 December 2025

Loving Him in Silence

  

I am in love with my best friend’s husband, and neither of them knows.

It’s the kind of secret that sits heavy on my chest, the kind that doesn’t shout but whispers every day. I didn’t choose this. It crept in quietly, through shared laughter, familiar conversations, the way he listens, the way he shows up. Somewhere between friendship and trust, my heart crossed a line my morals never would.

I smile at my best friend and feel guilt bite the corners of my joy. She trusts me. She tells me her fears, her dreams, her plans for a future that includes him. And I nod, I listen, I support her,while carrying a truth that could destroy everything we’ve built. I hate myself for it. I hate that love can be so disloyal even when my actions are not.

I have never touched him. I have never spoken my feelings aloud. I keep my distance even when my heart leans in. Loving him is a silent discipline,choosing restraint every single day, choosing loyalty over desire, choosing her over myself. Some days it feels noble. Other days it feels unbearable.

What hurts the most is knowing this love has nowhere to go. It must stay locked inside me, unspoken, unreturned, unseen. I grieve it quietly, like mourning something that was never meant to live. And maybe that is my punishment to feel deeply and act responsibly, to love without claiming, to want without taking.

This is not a story of betrayal. It is a story of silence. Of carrying a forbidden love and choosing, again and again, not to let it ruin the lives of the people I care about most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...