I won’t pretend this is a love story.I married my husband for money. Stability. Security. A life where I wouldn’t have to struggle or beg the world to be kind to me. I told myself it was practical, smart even. I believed that love could grow later.
At first, everything looked right. Bills were paid. Doors opened. People respected me because of the life I lived, not because of who I was. I felt safe ,not emotionally, but financially. And at the time, that felt like enough.
Then life happened.The money disappeared. Businesses failed. Income dried up. The man I married for security now wakes up every day carrying defeat in his eyes. The lifestyle I signed up for vanished, and with it, the only reason I stayed.
Now I’m trapped in a marriage built on a foundation that no longer exists.
Leaving should be easy, right? But it’s not.Because now he’s vulnerable. Broke. Ashamed. And walking away feels cruel, even though staying feels dishonest. I look at him and I know if money had never existed, neither would this marriage. That truth sits heavy in my chest.
I’m scared of being judged. Scared of being called heartless. Scared to admit out loud that I stayed for comfort, not connection. And even more scared of starting over with nothing, because I’ve been there before and I know how hard it is.
So here I am married to a man I don’t love, tied by guilt instead of vows, unsure whether leaving makes me evil or finally honest.
This is the side of marriage no one talks about.
When survival looks like love.When comfort replaces connection.
When walking away feels worse than staying stuck.
I don’t know how to leave.But I know staying like this is slowly breaking me.

No comments:
Post a Comment