Cheating cuts deep, but cheating twice after forgiveness cuts even deeper. When I found out she had cheated on me the first time, my heart broke. Still, I chose forgiveness. I believed in second chances. I believed remorse meant change. I believed love could be enough to fix what was broken.
Two months after forgiving her, I discovered the truth again she was still cheating.
That moment shattered more than my trust. It shattered my hope. Forgiveness was not met with honesty or effort; it was met with betrayal. It became clear that the apology was only a pause, not a promise. Her words said she was sorry, but her actions told a different story.
Being cheated on once makes you question the relationship. Being cheated on again makes you question your worth, even when you shouldn’t. I had to remind myself that someone else’s inability to be faithful is not a reflection of my value. I loved sincerely. I forgave genuinely. I tried.
Repeated cheating is not a mistake it is a choice. A choice to ignore boundaries. A choice to disrespect someone who opened their heart again after being hurt. And the hardest lesson is understanding that love alone cannot change someone who does not want to change.
This experience taught me that forgiveness should never cost me my dignity. Trust, once broken repeatedly, cannot survive on promises alone. Sometimes walking away is not giving up it is choosing self-respect.
I may be hurting, but I am learning. I am learning that I deserve honesty, loyalty, and peace. And even though my heart is bruised, I choose myself now.
No comments:
Post a Comment