When I was six months pregnant, carrying the tiny life that was supposed to bring us closer, my world collapsed in the most painful way. The man I loved ,my boyfriend, my partner, my future ,cheated on me with my best friend. Two people I trusted with my whole heart betrayed me at the same time.
The pain was so sharp it felt like it tore through my chest. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t understand how the people who claimed to love me could be the ones to hurt me the most. Betrayal during pregnancy is a different kind of wound ,it strikes when you are vulnerable, emotional, and already fighting to keep yourself strong for your baby.
In that moment of heartbreak, anger swallowed me whole. I wanted him to feel every bit of the hurt he caused. I wanted him to know what betrayal tasted like. And so I made a choice that I now regret deeply:
I told him the baby wasn’t his.
It wasn’t the truth. It was revenge.
A reaction born from pain, not from who I truly am.
At first, it felt like justice. I thought he deserved the confusion, the guilt, the fear. But with time, the anger faded and regret settled in. I started to see the consequences of the words I had spoken.
He distanced himself. He shut down. He stopped planning for our child. And with every passing day, I felt the weight of my own lie slowly crushing me.
I wanted to take it back.
I wanted to tell him the truth.
I wanted to heal the wound that I had made worse.
Because the truth is:
I still loved him.
And deep down, I knew my child deserved both their parents and not a story built on hurt and revenge.
Now, I’m trying to fix what I broke. I’m learning that pain should never make us become someone we are not. Revenge doesn’t heal; it destroys. And the hardest part is facing yourself after the anger has cooled and the truth comes back to haunt you.
I regret the decision I made.
But I’m taking responsibility.
I’m ready to tell the truth for myself, for him, and most importantly, for my child.
No comments:
Post a Comment