When my friend invited me to her church, I thought it would be a normal Sunday service singing, prayer, and a powerful sermon. I never imagined that stepping into that building would become one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.
The moment I walked through the church doors, something felt terribly wrong. A strange cold sensation ran through my body. I could feel the hairs on my head tightening, almost as if my scalp was shrinking. My heart started beating faster, and an uneasy feeling settled deep in my stomach.
At first, I tried to ignore it.
“Maybe I’m just nervous,” I told myself.
The church slowly filled with people. Old women wrapped in scarves sat quietly in the front rows, whispering to each other. Some of them looked at me in a way that made my skin crawl. Their eyes followed me as if they knew I didn’t belong there.
Then the pastor stepped forward to preach.
The moment he began speaking, my body started shivering uncontrollably. His voice was deep and commanding, echoing through the church walls. The more he spoke, the heavier the atmosphere became. It felt like the air in the room was thick and pressing down on everyone.
Suddenly he stopped preaching.
“Now it is time to pray,” he said in a serious voice.
The entire church fell silent.
“Everyone must close their eyes,” he continued. “Do not open them… no matter what you feel, hear, or sense around you.”
The warning sent chills down my spine.
Everyone obeyed immediately. Hundreds of eyes closed at once.
I closed mine too, but my heart was pounding violently in my chest. Only seconds passed before something strange began to happen. A powerful wind suddenly swept through the church.
But the doors were closed.
The windows were shut.
There were no fans.
Yet I could feel something moving past me—fast and forceful, like invisible bodies rushing through the air. The wind brushed against my face and neck, sending waves of fear through my entire body.
My hands started shaking.
I tried to keep my eyes closed like everyone else, but the fear was unbearable. My curiosity slowly defeated the pastor’s warning.
Very slowly… I opened my eyes.
What I saw nearly made my heart stop.
Several of the old women who had been sitting in front were no longer touching the ground. Their bodies were lifted slightly in the air, their feet dangling as they moved slowly above the floor.
They were flying.Not jumping,Not standing.
Flying.
Their church scarves floated around their heads as if carried by an unseen force. Their faces looked different and cold, emotionless, almost possessed.
My body went numb.
For a moment I couldn’t breathe.
The church was still filled with people praying loudly, eyes tightly shut, completely unaware of what was happening around them.
I quickly closed my eyes again, terrified that if anyone noticed I had seen them, something terrible would happen to me.
The prayer continued for what felt like hours.
When the pastor finally said “Amen,” everyone opened their eyes like nothing unusual had happened.
The old women were back in their seats.
Everything looked normal again.
But for me, nothing was normal anymore.
Even today, I still ask myself the same question:
Did I really see what I think I saw… or did that church hide something far darker than anyone could imagine?

No comments:
Post a Comment