Tuesday, 10 February 2026

When Tragedy Falls

 People warned my brother that the woman he loved was cheating on him.

Over and over again, they told him.

But love can be blind, and he chose not to believe them.

Until one day, doubt became heavier than trust.

He decided to see for himself.

He waited a few houses away from her place, telling himself he was wrong, hoping he was wrong. Hours passed. Then a car pulled up. She went inside with another man. When the man finally left, my brother’s heart shattered in silence.

He called her and asked her to come outside with their son.

Moments later, gunshots echoed through the street.

Neighbours ran. Someone called the police. Someone called an ambulance.

And then I got the call.

I am a paramedic. I respond to emergencies every day. I’ve seen death before. I thought I was prepared.

I wasn’t.

When I arrived at the scene, the world stopped.

Lying in a pool of blood was my mother’s son.

My brother.

Training took over. I dropped to my knees and tried everything to resuscitate him. I fought for his life with shaking hands and a breaking heart.

But he never woke up.

In that moment, I wasn’t a paramedic.

I was a sibling losing a brother.

A child watching my mother lose her son.

He had taken his own life and that of his girlfriend,right in front of their child.

Tragedy doesn’t knock. It doesn’t warn you.

It falls. Hard.

And it leaves families broken in ways words can’t fix.

That day taught me that pain, betrayal, and untreated emotional wounds can destroy everything including innocent lives.

And sometimes, the worst emergency you’ll ever respond to is your own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...