Thursday, 5 February 2026

I Chose Freedom Over My Son — Now Regret Is My Prison

 When she told me she was pregnant, we were still young.

And instead of thinking about life, I thought about myself.

I thought a baby would steal my freedom.

My fun,My future.

So I told her I didn’t want that child.

She said it was too late.

And I did the unthinkable.

I denied my own son.

I walked away while he was still in her womb.

I left before he even had a name.

Years passed.

That baby I rejected is now a grown boy.

Strong.

Alive.

Living without the father he deserved.

And me?

I live with regret every single day.

I missed his first cry.

His first smile.

His first day at school.

The moments that make a man a father.

Freedom didn’t make me happy.

Running didn’t bring peace.

It only left me with an empty heart and memories I’ll never get back.

If you’re a young man reading this  listen to me.

A child doesn’t ruin your life.

Abandoning them does.

Because kids grow.

But regret grows faster.

And one day you’ll look for your child in the world…

and realize you were never there when they needed you most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...