I worked myself to the bone so my family could have a better life. Every morning I left home with one goal,to make sure my wife never lacked anything. She was a housewife, and I carried the weight willingly. Bills, groceries, rent, school needs, emergencies,I handled it all without complaint, because I believed that was what love and responsibility looked like.
I never counted the hours. I never complained about the exhaustion. All I wanted was peace when I came home.
One day I knocked off late. My body was heavy with tiredness, my mind already imagining rest. I skipped stopping anywhere and went straight home, thinking of nothing but my bed and the woman I trusted with my life.
When I opened the door, my world collapsed.
There, in our bedroom the place I thought was sacred,I found my wife in bed with another man. Time froze. My heart pounded so hard it felt li ke it would tear through my chest. The sacrifices, the long hours, the sleepless nights flashed before my eyes in one painful moment.
I stood there, shocked, betrayed, and humiliated. Everything I had built, everything I believed in, shattered right in front of me. That night, I didn’t just walk into my house,I walked into the end of the life I thought I had.
No comments:
Post a Comment