Sunday, 25 January 2026

The Father Who Remembered Me When I Succeeded

 My dad left my mom when I was only six months old. From that day, he disappeared no support, no visits, no care. My mother became both parents, struggling to raise me with nothing but strength and love.

Growing up wasn’t easy. There were days we had nothing, but my mom never complained. She carried the pain quietly and made sure I survived.

When I was in high school, there was an excursion I needed to attend. It wasn’t a luxury it was part of school. My mom didn’t have the money. For the first time in my life, I went to look for the man who was supposed to be my father.

I humbled myself. I begged.

Do you know what he said?

He told me he had just bought his son a new phone and had no money for me.

That day something broke inside me. I realised I was only his child by blood not by heart.

Years passed. I studied through pain, through struggle, through prayers. While he was buying phones for other children, I was fighting for my future.

Today, I am a qualified lawyer.

Now suddenly he tells people proudly, “That’s my daughter.”

Now he remembers me.

Now he claims me.

But where was he when I needed school shoes?

Where was he when I needed food?

Where was he when my mother cried at night?

He wants the title of father without doing the work of a father.

And people ask me why I don’t want anything to do with him.

But tell me ,is it wrong to close a door that was never opened for you when you were starving for love?

Some parents want to harvest where they never planted.

And I refuse to be a success story he gets credit for.

He may be my biological father.

but my mother is the one who raised a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...