Wednesday, 14 January 2026

They Handed Me Death Instead of My Child

 After giving birth, exhaustion washed over me like a heavy blanket. My body was weak, my eyes burning, and I drifted into a short, fragile sleep. I thought I would wake up to the soft cry of my newborn… to life, to joy, to the beginning of motherhood.

But when I opened my eyes, everything felt wrong.

A nurse placed my baby in my arms and told me to breastfeed. I held that tiny body against my chest, waiting and hoping for a movement, a breath, a cry. But my baby lay still. Too still.

My heart started racing.

“Something is wrong,” I whispered.

No one listened.

I called the nurse again, panic tightening my throat. Instead of comfort, instead of urgency, she snapped at me,cold, rude and careless.

Her words cut through me like a knife:

“Your baby is dead.”

Just like that. No compassion. No explanation. No humanity.

In that moment, the room spun. My world collapsed. I sat there holding the body that I had carried for nine long months, the child I had waited to meet… now gone before I could even hear their first cry.

I felt robbed.

Robbed of a moment.

Robbed of a future.

Robbed of a lifetime of love that ended before it could begin.

The silence in that room screamed louder than any sound I had ever heard. A silence no mother should ever endure.

I will never forget that day, that moment, that heartbreak. My baby came into this world and left before I even had the chance to say, “Welcome, my love.”

And I was left with nothing but the echo of a life that ended too soon, and a wound that will never fully heal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...