I did not fall in love.I was pushed into it.
They called it responsibility. They called it culture. They said it was for my own good, that love would come later, that I would learn, adjust, endure. No one asked how my heart felt. No one noticed how quiet I became.
In a forced relationship, your body shows up, but your soul stays behind. You smile for the world while inside you are grieving a life you never chose. Every “yes” feels heavy, every promise feels like a lie you are forced to live.
You wake up next to someone who feels like a stranger, yet you are expected to serve, to submit, to make it work. When you try to speak, you are told to be patient. When you cry, you are told others have it worse. So you learn to swallow your pain and call it strength.
But silence does not mean consent. Staying does not mean happiness. Enduring does not mean you agree.
A forced relationship teaches you how to survive, but it slowly kills who you are. It steals your voice, your choices, your sense of self. And the hardest part is not the loneliness it’s being lonely while you are not alone.
One day, you realize love should never feel like a prison. It should feel like freedom, safety, and choice. And choosing yourself, even when it disappoints others, is not selfish. It is survival.
Because a relationship that is forced can never be love.
No comments:
Post a Comment