I woke up with his arm around me, his warmth pressed against my back, his heartbeat steady like everything in our life was normal. I didn’t know that in just a few hours, he would stand before another woman and promise her a forever he had already been giving away to me.
He looked at me that morning. He touched me. He kissed my forehead. And not once did he tell me the truth.
I didn’t know I was lying next to a groom.
While I was still wrapped in his sheets, he was already living his wedding day. While I was smiling at him, trusting him, loving him, he was preparing to break two women in one day. He left my place carrying secrets heavier than his suit, and I stayed behind believing I was loved.
The moment I found out felt like my soul left my body. My chest burned. My hands shook. I couldn’t breathe. Every memory I had of him turned poisonous. Every “I love you” echoed like a cruel joke. I questioned my sanity ,how could I not see it? How could someone lie so deeply and still sleep so peacefully?
What hurts the most is not just that he married someone else. It’s that he used my body, my heart, my trust on the very day he vowed loyalty to another woman. I didn’t choose to be the other woman. I was dragged into betrayal without my consent.
I imagine her standing there in white, full of hope, unaware that the man she was marrying had just come from another woman’s bed. Two women breathing the same lies. Two hearts connected by one man’s deception.
That morning broke something inside me. It stole my innocence in love. It taught me that some people can look you in the eyes and still destroy you without mercy.
I am grieving a love that was never real. I am mourning a man who never truly existed. And I am learning, slowly and painfully, that his betrayal does not define my worth , but it has scarred my heart in ways words will never fully heal.

No comments:
Post a Comment