Thursday, 6 November 2025

 Hi Sis Fel. Please share my story.

 My Father Sold Me to His Best Friend for Money

I never thought my father would be the one to destroy my dreams. I always believed a father’s job was to protect his daughter, to make sure she married for love and not for money. But I was wrong. My father made me marry his best friend, and he did it for money.

It still hurts to even write these words. I was young, full of life and dreams. I wanted to study, to build my own future, and to experience love the right way. But when our family started struggling financially, everything changed. My father began to act distant and worried all the time. Then one day, he told me I was going to be married soon, to his friend, a man twice my age.

I cried and begged him not to make me do it. I told him I didn’t love this man, that I wasn’t ready for marriage. But he looked me in the eyes and said, “This is for our family. Don’t be selfish.” That broke me. In that moment, I realized my opinion didn’t matter , my life was being sold like a piece of property.

The wedding day felt like a funeral. Everyone was smiling, but I was dying inside. My father looked proud, my husband-to-be looked satisfied, and I stood there empty. I remember my hands shaking as I said my vows, knowing deep inside I didn’t mean a single word.

After the wedding, reality hit me hard. My husband treated me like an object he had bought and paid for. He would remind me constantly that my father owed him everything that I should be grateful he “saved” us. I felt trapped, unwanted, and betrayed by the one man who should have protected me from all this.

There were nights I cried myself to sleep, asking God why my own father could do this to me. I wanted to run away, but where would I go? Everyone around me told me to endure it, that marriage was about sacrifice. But this wasn’t sacrifice, this was slavery wrapped in tradition and desperation.

Now, years later, I’m trying to heal. I’ve learned to forgive, not because they deserve it, but because I deserve peace. My father’s decision destroyed my childhood, but I refuse to let it destroy my entire life.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that no amount of money can buy a person’s happiness or freedom. I hope one day, fathers will realize their daughters are not bargaining tools. We are human beings with dreams, hearts, and the right to choose our own age

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haunted by the Roadside Dead

  What began as a desperate way to survive has now turned into a living nightmare. For years, my husband had a dark secret ,one he kept hidd...