When I look back at my childhood, the memories are not filled with laughter, warmth, or love. They are filled with pain, fear, and confusion. My father, the man who was supposed to protect and guide me, became the source of my deepest wounds. He abused me physically, emotionally, and mentally and those scars did not fade with time.
As a child, I didn’t understand why it was happening or what I had done wrong. I blamed myself for the pain I endured. I grew up believing I was unworthy of love, that I had to hide my feelings to survive. What I didn’t realize then was that the trauma would follow me into adulthood, shaping how I see myself, how I trust others, and how I love.
Even now, years later, the effects are still there. The nightmares, the anxiety, the sudden flashbacks, they remind me that my past is never too far behind. Sometimes, a sound or a smell can transport me back to those dark moments, and my body reacts before my mind can even understand why.
I have spent years trying to heal, learning to forgive myself for something that was never my fault. Therapy has helped me unpack the pain, and I am slowly rebuilding the pieces of myself that my father broke. Healing isn’t easy but it’s a journey with many setbacks. But I’ve learned that acknowledging my trauma is not a sign of weakness; it’s a step toward reclaiming my life.
I now understand that my pain has a voice, and that voice deserves to be heard. I speak out because I know there are others like me ,survivors who walk around every day carrying invisible wounds. We may not share the same story, but we share the same struggle to find peace after pain.
To anyone reading this who has endured abuse: it was not your fault. You are not broken. You are a survivor, and with time, patience, and support, healing is possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment